Phone System Downtime – please note our phone lines will be down for maintenance on the morning of 11th Feb. Please contact our Call Centre email where possible email@example.com or contact your contract manager directly. Alternatively, we have 2 emergency numbers available – Call Centre 01698 822576 – Reception 01698 827861
ECG FS Projects division were commissioned by the National Galleries of Scotland to undertake the replacement of chillers and improvements to chilled water systems @ The Scottish National Gallery on the Mound in Edinburgh – a neoclassical building originally designed by William Henry Playfair and first opened to the public in 1859. Our experience of installations within such historic properties stood us in good stead in minimising disruption and completing the job within budget with maximum discretion from the public’s point of view. An overview of work includes:
– De-commissioning of three chillers and safe removal of refrigerant
– Craning old chillers from the roof and craning new chiller units onto the roof
– Modifications to existing support steelwork for new chillers and new equipment isolation
– Modifications to the existing pipework and valves including the fitting of new Automatic flow control valves to each chiller
– Supply and Installation of a storage buffer vessel into the chilled water pipework system
– Fitting of CW variable speed pumps
– Electrical work required for new chillers and pumps
– Changing the existing control valves to the two AHU’s serving the building galleries.
– Installation of new screw chillers with turbo invertor drives.